A request to pass this on to your list(s). What opinion will be deemed too controversial to discuss next?
Another Teacher Under Fire for 9/11 Opinion.
Wis. lawmaker wants lecturer fired for 9-11 conspiracy views
Thursday June 29, 2006
MADISON, Wis. (AP) A state lawmaker is calling on the University
of Wisconsin-Madison to fire a part-time instructor who has spoken
out on his beliefs that figures in the U.S. government, not al-Qaida,
were behind the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Kevin Barrett is scheduled to teach a class in the fall in the
UW-Madison Department of Languages and Cultures of Asia, UW-Madison
Provost Patrick Farrell confirmed in a statement Thursday.
But Farrell said Barrett’s comments on a Milwaukee radio talk
show “raised some legitimate concerns about the content and quality
of instruction in his planned fall course, ‘Islam: Religion and
During his appearance Wednesday night on Jessica McBride’s show
on WTMJ, Barrett disputed most of the widely accepted information
about the attacks that brought down the World Trade Center in New
York City when airliners were flown into the twin towers.
This marks the second time in as many months that an academic has
come under fire for opinions expressed outside of the classroom
regarding the events of 9/11.
Last month Tom Mustric, a substitute teacher in Ohio was on the hot
plate for his opinions expressed outside of a classroom setting. A
complaint was made trying to conflate his opinion with his teaching
It looks like the same thing is happening here.
Here is Rep. Nass’ contact page.
Here is more information about Tom Mustric.
No Comments to “Thoughtcrime in America”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.