Take action today and make your voice heard. For those of you within range of Air America, you’ve probably heard the advertisements promoting the “Take Back America Conference,” taking place this Monday through Wednesday in Wash. D.C.
The Agenda includes a (seemingly) comprehensive list of luminary speakers and relevant work sessions on subjects ranging from health care to energy to media problems.
Yet there is a significant topic not addressed once in the 3-day agenda: the crisis in the American electoral process. Not one Plenary speech, not one work session, not even one of the book signing intermissions addresses this crisis.
The Conference is sponsored by the Campaign for America’s Future; Air America is listed “in partnership” as a Conference cosponsor. You can view the Agenda at:
ACTION # 1
We encourage election reform activists to check out the Agenda, and use their “contact us” link to raise your concern about the absence of Election Reform in TBA Conference program.
Tell them that without taking back our elections, there will be no “Taking Back America”.
Call in to Air America shows and local progressive programs, and voice your concerns about a conference that ignores the elephant in the room.
Air America’s # is 866-303-2270
Hints for radio call ins:
-Figure you’ll get no more than 30 seconds
-Write your points down and have NO MORE than 3
-BE READY…. to be on hold for quite a while, and then get immediately thrust on air
-Get right to the point w/o asking “How are you?” to the host. (This is tougher than you think – I’ve fallen into violating my own rule a few times!)
-Over 3. 5 million ballots were not counted in Nov. 2004
– in 2004, 30% of the nation voted on paperless touchscreen voting machines; the estimate is up to 40% for 2006. No paper record provides no ability to check the accuracy of the tallies, nor does it allow for a legitimate recount.
– Throughout the country, there were 1000s of reports of voter disenfranchisement, from the lack of adequate voting facilities to the purging of voters from registration lists.
Thank You for Your Help and Activism!
Oregon Voter Rights Coalition
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.