Dear NY State friends and activists,
This is an urgent call to help gather nominating signatures to get
Jonathan Tasini on the ballot to challenge Hillary Clinton for the
nomination for Senate in the Democratic primary. While so many
incumbents are running AWAY from the Iraq occupation issue, Jonathan
says, “Bring the Troops Home Now”. That’s what the majority of the
American people want, especially in New York, but it will only become
policy if we all TAKE ACTION to support candidates who are brave
enough to stand up now.
If you are in New York city proper, Progressive Democrats of
America’s New York City Metro Group is sponsoring an event TONIGHT
where people can meet Jonathan and learn how to help get him on the
ballot on Monday, June 19 from 6:30 to 8:30 at the Greenwhich House
gymnasium on 27 Barrow St. (near 7th Ave.). Accessible by 1/9 subway
at Christopher St./Sheridan Square or West 4th St. stop for the
A,B,C,D,E or F.
If you are outside of the metro area you can call 646-415-8361 and
ask for Russell to see how you can help, or got to
where you can find the petition signature gathering event closest to
you from their daily calendar.
Can Jonathan win? SURE he can, if only WE get involved and support
him. In the CA primary Marcy Winograd pulled 38% against another
entrenched powerful incumbent, and SINCE then Jane Harman has been a
lot more vocal about bringing our troops home. Marcy was within
striking distance and could have won if only she had gotten more help
earlier in her campaign. We are starting that early for THIS
The Senate will debate the Iraq occupation over the next couple days.
NOW is the time to support candidates who will take a courageous
stand for peace, to let any incumbents who will not know that they
CAN be replaced, if they don’t straighten up and fly left.
Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed
to be ours, and forward this message to everyone else you know.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.