Massachusetts to Outlaw Ken Blackwell
Section 6: Voters’ Bill of Rights
The state secretary shall provide a voters’ bill of rights in a form suitable for posting for every polling place for every election.
Should this document be distributed as called for in the legislation, I expect it will help voters when they get to the polls. John Bonifaz, candidate for Secretary of the Commonwealth has already posted his version here. His is a great starting point, but as it says in the legislation, the Secretary shall publish, “after consulting the joint committee on election laws of the general court.”
Section 7: Anti-Kenneth Blackwell
The state secretary, a city or town clerk, or a member of a board of registrars of voters or election commission in any city or town shall not serve as the chairman, treasurer, or other principal officer of any political committee, but any such public officer may serve as the chairman or principal officer, other than treasurer, of the political committee organized on his own behalf. This paragraph shall not apply to city or town clerks who do not administer elections.
As most know, Ken Blackwell served as co-chair George Bush’s reelection campaign in 2004. Blackwell was also Ohio’s Secretary of State (and is now running for Ohio Governor). Of all the problems with the 2004 election, no state has raised more doubt in voter’s minds than Ohio.
Read more about the Ohio debacle: None Dare Call it Stolen by Mark Crispin Miller, Fooled Again: How the Right Stole the 2004 ElectionÅ by Mark Crispin Miller. Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Rolling Stones Article, Was the 2004 Election Stolen. The Conyers Report by Rep. John Conyers.
With any legislation, unintended negative consequences are a risk. These changes however, strike me as positive with few if any negative consequences. Smart Mass!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.