As ever, it underscores the need for verifiable elections, and begins to remind us that the folks who give a damn about this down there in San Diego County better damned well be keeping an eye on the chain of custody for those paper ballots and “paper trails” as they are being theoretically “counted” by the SD County Registrar of Voters.
According tothis web page from the SD County’s Registrar of Voters office, as of 5pm last night, the number of uncounted absentee and provisional ballots in the entire county of SD has decreased by 2,000 from the reported 68,500 that were announced as “still to be counted” on election night.
The number of votes in thenow-questionable Busby/Bilbray U.S. House (CA-50) special election, however, has been increased by 8,000 votes.
Since the number of votes in the CA-50 race is a smaller subset of the total votes within SD County, one would think that if 2,000 absentee or provisionals were counted for the entire county, the number of votes in CA-50 might go up by a fraction of that number. Instead, they’ve gone up by 8,000, according to the county’s website!
So far, I’ve been unable to get any comments from “quotable sources” at the Registrar’s office on the reported updates. Very few in the office, apparently, are allowed to speak on record to the press for some reason.
As mentioned, no doubt there’s a perfectly good explanation for all of this. Right? It’s just that you and I may never know it. And, if we do, the election officials will likely never have to prove that their explanation — or the veracity of their reported vote counts — is valid. To anybody.
No Comments to “Latest dirt on Busby race”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.