EVERYBODY WRITE TO HERBERT NOW!
He’s at bobherb[at]nytimes[dot]com
From Jonathan Simon:
Re: “Those Pesky Voters”
Thank you for wading in where no one in the MSM has dared to tread. Robert Kennedy’s work certainly deserves resonance and debate, and there has been virtually none.
Those few among even the activist community who perceive a deadly assault upon our democracy–not only via disenfranchisement but also from covert computerized vote theft (it is, the computer experts assure us, trivially easy to do and, in the absence of effective check mechanisms, virtually impossible to detect; why would the Roves and Blackwells of the world draw the line at disenfranchisement, when they also wield this far more potent and less detectable weapon?)–also realize how treacherous this potentially explosive and destabilizing issue is for journalists.
We hope that your courage will inspire others and that the journalistic inquiry will now expand beyond the more visible abominations practiced in Ohio, to the wholesale theft taking place out of public view on the memory cards of Diebold and ES&S DREs and central tabulators. The recent Bilbray “victory” in CA-50 (as usual, a “surprising” rightward shift from pre-election polling numbers and trend), in which these same machines were taken home and “stored” by unidentified poll workers, would be a great place to start, because it is a likely model for the 50 or so competitive races we will see in November.
Effective check mechanisms could be put in place, certainly by 2008. But it will not come from Congress, where the ruling majority (and even the entrenched incumbent minority) will simply not kill the goose that lays their golden eggs, though they may make a show of firing a few shots over its head. It will come, if at all, from state and local efforts, and it will take a critical mass of popular demand. And it must come very soon; the regime’s chokehold is tightening week by week. The involvement and support of respected journalists, and an overcoming of the “it could never happen here” narcolepsy, may just make it possible to restore democracy to America.
Thank you again and best wishes,
Co-Founder, Election Defense Alliance (www.ElectionDefenseAlliance.org)
No Comments to “Kudos to Bob Herbert”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.