My advice for this year’s race(s):
Alright, let’s pretend, just for the sake of argument, that the Repubs are right,
as are most Democrats and the media, when they insist that the election was
We’re going to give them one more chance to hold elections that are credible.
We’re going to throw ourselves into this next election, getting out as many
voters as we can. The turn-out will be huge, especially by the standard of
off-year elections. Americans will come out to vote, in part, as a way to
take a stand on behalf of free and fair elections.
No early voting, and as little absentee voting as possible. The point here is
to have a massive turn-out on Election Day.
We’ll not only work to boost the turn-out, but we also plan to monitor this
thing with an unprecedented thoroughness. We’re going to watch the polls,
and watch them count the votes. We’re going to keep track of every wrong
or merely screwy incident, every startling trend, every weird anomaly.
We’re also going to pay close heed to all the relevant statistics: newspaper polls,
independent exit polls (we cannot trust the NEP) and so on.
And so, when the Repubs win yet again, surprisingly maintaining their control
of Congress, notwithstanding their subterranean approval ratings, we will be
prepared to note all the anomalies and improprieties–and, at long last,
to SAY NO. As this will have been the fourth election cycle ravaged by
Bush/Cheney since 2000, Americans must finally go Ukrainian, and just refuse
to acknowledge BushCo’s latest “win.”
Where that may take us I can’t say. But it is something that, it seems to me,
we have to do, or else we don’t deserve to call ourselves the citizens of a
No Comments to “How to deal with the '06 elections”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.