Here’s is one of many sound rebuttals of Farhad Manjoo’s hatchet-job on RFK Jr.’s excellent and all-important article in Rolling Stone.
Shame on Manjoo and Salon.
A Semi-Comprehensive Quizzing of Manjoo’s Rebuttal of RFK Jr.
Sat Jun 03, 2006
This will be my first ever diary on Daily Kos, but I don’t expect anyone to go easy on me.
This afternoon I read with great interest Farhad Manjoo’s rebuttal in Salon of Robert Kennedy Jr.’s article in Rolling Stone. I would ask you to believe me when I state that although I have been of the opinion since Nov 2 2004 that it was very likely that the election was fraudulent, I approach articles such as Mr. Manjoo’s with a strange hope that this time I can have it explained to me in a way that allows me to finally get a good night’s sleep, secure in the knowledge that nothing overtly untoward was going on, that the process of democracy in the United States is still hobbling along, flawed but basically intact. Despite my huge admiration for RFK Jr., and my lasting dream that he will one day soon be the most effective and honorable head of the EPA that this nation has ever had, deep inside I harbored a hope that he was wrong on this, and that Salon and Mr. Manjoo were going to show me the way.
Sorry to say, I’m just not there yet.
No Comments to “Farhad's Follies”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.