The Brennan Center Executive Summary, on pp. 10 and 11, describes an attack that can illegally alter up to 2/3rds of votes cast on DRE touchscreen voting machines with voter verifiable paper trails (VVPTs), that independent audits of hand-counted VVPT cannot detect.
Only Voters Can Detect Evidence of This Attack and let Poll Workers, Election Officials, Candidates and Election Integrity Organizations Know.
THE UNDETECTABLE HACK:
As computer scientists are aware, to reverse engineer the hundreds of programs, drivers, operating system software, etc. that could hide such an attack on even one voting system takes a special expert who can tediously decipher assembly language. Due to the flawed design of many voting systems, machines would have to be pulled entirely out of operation for as long as a year after an election to even accomplish this reverse engineering, so no local elections could be conducted during an investigation. Even after this expensive, time-consuming effort, evidence of such a hack might have been erased by the program overwriting itself on Election Day. Thus any such hack would not leave any evidence and could not be detected by an audit.
The National Election Data Archive has released recommendations for Voters, Candidates, and Political Parties to ensure that only correctly elected candidates are sworn into office.
Please read these recommendations at http://electionarchive.org
ADVICE FOR ELECTION OFFICIALS:
* Alert your voters to always verify their paper ballot record.
* If state laws permit it, a camera capable of taking a clear picture of both the touchscreen and the VVPT paper rolls of DREs w/ VVPT should be placed at each polling location, and if voters give their permission, a picture taken to prove that this hack may have been occuring. If this hack occurs, there will be no remedy other than conducting a new election. DRE voting machines violate voter anonymity in other ways as well. The VVPT records votes in the same order as voters enter the voting booth. The VVPT of all disabled voters is segregated on one machine’s paper rolls. And the actual electronic ballot of the voter can be looked up by election officials according to recent reports – definitely for all provisional ballot voters and perhaps for all voters. Taking a picture of the screen with a voter’s permission is no more a violation of privacy than the current DRE touchscreen systems are already.
It is unfortunate that US Election Officials ignored the copious advice of computer scientists and election integrity activists by purchasing fundamentally flawed DRE voting systems in the first place.
A National Election Data Archive is needed to monitor detailed vote count data to mathematically detect suspicious patterns of vote counts. We need about $10,000 immediately to accomplish the preliminary legal project of writing open records requests to obtain the data that we have a right to under each state open records laws, but which no county or state currently releases. Please donate at http://electionarchive.org
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.