There’s a lot going on as the struggle for verifiable elections heats up in
New York State and around the nation. At the national level, the mainstream
media is finally starting to cover the dangers of electronic voting. In NY,
as voting machine vendors make a full court press to lock in hundreds of
millions of taxpayer dollars, the timeline for certification and selection
of voting systems still remains unclear.
One thing is certain, right now voting machine vendors are out there in
force trying to sell New York electronic voting machines which are still
prototypes, cost $8000 or more each, and have never, ever, been used in a
real election. With 2 or 3 DREs likely to be required to replace a single
lever machine the purchase cost for counties will be astronomical. And who
will provide all the additional money to buy these expensive, vulnerable
systems? We taxpayers of course.
Democracy needs your help this summer. Take a look below to see how you can
help in the fight for election integrity.
New Yorkers for Verified Voting
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.