Because they also fight the good fight there!
Doubts plague e-vote systems
Coalition of opponents says computers are not secure; backers contend the threat is low.
By DAVE HELLING
The Kansas City Star
In just eight weeks, most Kansas City voters will cast their first ballots on electronic machines, assuming they are accurate, convenient and safe.
But a loose coalition of computer scientists, political activists, and election experts says electronic voting is none of those things. In the media and the courts, the opponents insist electronic ballots are “inherently untrustworthy” and should be scrapped.
“It’s faith-based voting,” said Christi Clemons Hoffman, who has fought electronic voting here for at least a year. “You just have to trust that everybody’s doing their job.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.