As pointed out by DemocraticUnderground member RobinLynne the Yahoo article sounds like Rightwing spin on election problems – it sounds like the beginning of a drive to pass legislation to further block the vote:
This really looks like a Republican introduction to justify their “stop the vote’ campaign. Read it twice. It is saying the problem is with the voters and the people who register voters. That is WRONG! That is not where the fraud is, or the major fraud at least. this is an old story. Let’s clean up voter fraud…This is very bad and dangerous news, in my opinion.
Nowhere on the list is a mention of hackable software and voting machines, proprietary software, lack of paper and verification. just the opposite. the problem is the voters, and that some counties haven’t yet fully complied with HAVA….. Voter error, inaccurate voter applications, fraud from voter registration drives. This is the right wing spin. get ready.
It addresses such as problems receiving voter registration applications from motor vehicle agencies, addressing voter error issues with absentee voting, recruiting and training a sufficient number of poll workers, and continuing to ensure accurate vote counting.
At the same time, new challenges arose in the November 2004 election, such as fraudulent, incomplete, or inaccurate applications received through voter registration drives; larger than expected early voter turnout, resulting in long lines; and counting large numbers of absentee ballots and determining the eligibility of provisional voters in time to meet final vote certification deadlines.
No Comments to “About that Yahoo article…”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.