Between Jason Leopold and those now crowing over his ostensible mistake, I stand unabashedly with Jason Leopold. He’s an honest journalist with guts, and he has been thus trashed before. Even if he turns out to have blown it, which I don’t believe he has, this chorus of denunciation is contemptible. The Bush machine depends on just such cheap shots at those (few) reporters who have dared to stray onto forbidden ground. Meanwhile, countless journalists helped put across the lies that got us into war, and no-one’s taking gleeful shots at them.
In any case, I think we need to know a whole lot more before allowing Leopold to be Rathered.
Truthout reporter stands by claim Rove was indicted
Published: Tuesday June 13, 2006
Jason Leopold, the Truthout.org reporter who asserted May 13 that Karl Rove had been indicted in the CIA leak case, told the syndicated Ed Schultz radio show that he stands by his original report.
Leopold also refused to identify his sources, who he said he would name if he was misled.
“I’m standing by that what we were told was accurate,” Leopold said.
“Certainly if some bad information was given, we’ll decide what the appropriate thing to do [is],” he added. “But if something did happen four weeks ago, [and] something happened in the past four weeks in Karl Rove’s favor…how does that make me wrong?”
No Comments to “A word to the wise-asses”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.