By Todd Gitlin
Outside New Hampshire, former Repub honcho James Tobin’s sentence of 10 months in prison and a $10,000 fine, announced yesterday, didn’t rate more than an inch in the NYT’s national briefs box today. Papers used the AP bare-bones report. Reuters has a fuller report. But none of the coverage mentions Abramoff’s Indian tribes and their generous support of the phone-jamming scheme.
In related news, as they say, Karl Rove will headline the Repubs’ annual dinner June 12 in Manchester, NH, helping the state party pay off its enormous debt, much of which it incurred in the process of defending against a Democratic suit designed to ferret out more information about the 2002 phone-jamming scheme.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.