Sometimes, You’ve Received So Much Accolade For Being A Good Guy, You Don’t Realize It When You’ve Become A Bad One.
Let’s Hope It’s Only A Momentary Lapse.
A BUZZFLASH EDITORIAL
Since we began posting editorials about how many of the large progressive blogs are running a fraudulent Telecom ad aimed at undermining the pro-democracy Internet, none of those blogs running the ad — to our knowledge — have taken it down. (See www.buzzflash.com/editorial/06/05/edi06036.html, which has embedded links to all the editorials.) They appear to have decided — alone or together — to take a stand to defend the right of Telecom companies to undermine the freedom of the Internet through deception.
One of the leading blogs, Eschaton (AKA, Atrios, edited by Duncan Black), wrote a note earlier in the week on why it wouldn’t take the ad down at that time. In his justification for running the deceptive Telecom ad, Atrios claims: “My ad policy is, roughly, accept any ad that is work safe (both the ad and whatever page it links to) and isn’t at a glance advertising something obviously fraudulent (the blogads version of a Nigerian email scam).”
Yet, as we have pointed out again and again, the real “Save the Internet” site features the very ad in question as their “Big Lie of the Week.” Now we may not be from Philadelphia, like Atrios is, but in Chicago “fraudulent” and “Big Lie of the Week” are synonymous. So, excuse us if we are a bit confused, particularly considering the stakes of bringing down the Internet as we know it.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.