Is there a journalist in the house?
N. H. Continued, Continued: Leads! Angles!
By Todd Gitlin
Maine’s Bangor Daily News offers reporters an angle to pursue if anyone’s interested in pursuing the much undercovered story of Republican phone-jamming in New Hampshire. Turns out that small fish Republican consultant Allan Raymond, a cooperative conspirator in the scheme to tie up Democratic and union phone lines during the 2002 senatorial race, gets out of Federal prison in Pennsylvania next week after serving three months (his sentence reduced from five months after bigger fish Tobin was convicted). Recall that Raymond’s telemarketing firm was co-founded by Haley Barbour.
Meanwhile, last week, the Manchester Union Leader reported contradictions in former RNC chairman Ed Gillespie’s accounts of just when he informed the White House of Tobin’s brilliant scheme to rig the NH election with the help of tribal money.
Lots of questions to be asked. Anyone interested in hot pursuit?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.