“I would say the toughest moment of all was after the whole reality sunk in and I was trying to help the nation understand what was going on, and at the same time, be empathetic for those who had lost lives.”
Granted, empathizing with the dead is pretty hard; but of course that isn’t what he meant. What he meant, evidently, is that he had a very hard time showing, or feeling, empathy.
And check out the last ‘graph for what he sees as “the best moment” of his presidency.
Bush’s Best Moment in Office? It’s a Fish Story
WASHINGTON (May 7) – President Bush says his best moment in office was the time he caught a 7 1/2-pound largemouth bass.
Presidential Highs and Lows
President Bush said it was not easy to pick a best moment of his presidency because “I’ve had a lot of great moments.”
During his more than five years in office, Bush has traveled the world’s most impressive cities, met with world leaders and entertained celebrities.
But when the German newspaper Bild asked him to name his best and worst moments as president, Bush gave an offbeat answer about the best moment, while giving a more predictable response about his worst.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.