This is not the time for Dems to count their chickens. Rather, it is time– past time–for them to stop their clucking and get down, finally, to their proper patriotic business. Notwithstanding Bush & Co.’s abysmal numbers nowadays, the regime will attempt to steal it once again; and, as sure as shootin’, the stalwarts of the Fourth Estate will, once more, go along with it, as long as the regime has done the necessary pre-propaganda (which is what we see right here):
“If Republicans retain Congress in November, Bush advisers note, he could assert that for the third straight election, the party defied historical patterns and popular predictions.”
Any Dem who thinks the regime won’t dare try to steal it, and/or that the press will not abet such theft (again), is living full-time on that mighty river in old Egypt. Here and now on Planet Earth, the facts are staring us all right in the face (again). So the Democrats had better face that possibility, and, at long last, deal with it.
Elections Are Crux Of GOP’s Strategy
Bush Aides Look to Midterm Vote as Way to Reverse Slide
By Peter Baker and Jim VandeHei
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, May 22, 2006; A01
Confronting the worst poll numbers seen in the West Wing since his father went down to defeat, President Bush and his team are focusing on the fall midterm elections as the best chance to salvage his presidency and are building a campaign strategy around tax cuts, immigration and national security.
Modern history offers no precedent of a president climbing from a hole as deep as the one Bush finds himself in, and White House strategists have concluded that no staff shake-up or other quick fix will alter their trajectory. In the sixth year of his tenure, they said, Bush cannot easily change the minds of voters whose impressions are fully formed.
And so short of some event outside their direct control — such as a dramatic turnaround in Iraq or the capture of Osama bin Laden — Bush advisers have turned to the election as the most important chance to rewrite the troubled narrative of his presidency and allow him to recover enough to govern his last two years, Republican strategists said. With that in mind, Bush last week called on the National Guard to help stop illegal immigrants, signed tax-cut legislation and headlined three party fundraisers.
No Comments to “BushCo lays the groundwork for this year's electoral rip-off”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.