EAC Commissioner Martinez Resigns & Advises Audits for all Elections
by Warren Stewart, VoteTrustUSA – April 10, 2006
Commissioner Met With Election Activists On Saturday
The current vice chair of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, Ray Martinez submitted his resignation to President George W. Bush this morning. Mr. Martinez’ resignation will become effective June 30, 2006. He cited family considerations as his primary reason for stepping down and lauded his colleagues at the EAC and the agency’s staff for their continued work on behalf of the nation.Martinez had been recommended for nomination by Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD) in 2003.
On April 8, Martinez had met with election integrity activists participating in a VoteTrustUSA leadership workshop. The Commissioner graciously and diplomatically fielded a barrage of questions from leading election refom advocates from across the country for well over an hour. The questions were challenging and well informed and reflected the growing crisis facing our democracy.
The day before he spoke at the VoteTrustUSA workshop, Martinez had presented a paper at a colloquium in Princeton, NJ. The paper presented four solutions to what he called the”alarming erosion” of American voter confidence following the last two presidential elections.
As reported on NJ.com:
“One of the most alarming trends in our country is the continual erosion of voter confidence in the accuracy of our tabulated results,” Martinez said.
“The 2000 presidential election has adversely affected the opinion of the average American on our electoral process. “Since then, voter confidence has continued to trend in the wrong direction,” Martinez added, “and it’s unlikely to fade any time soon.” At the top of his list was the idea that every state perform a regular election audit to determine that the administration of elections is fair, impartial and consistent with voter intent. The results of these audits should be widely dispersed.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.