From an anonymous reader:
Left-wingers have been screaming previuosly [sic] that Tony Snow (and evrybody [sic] else at Fox News) was just a shill for President Bush and all conservatives. Now they are playing up his remarks criticizing Bush. Actually, a lot of lefties are trying to say both at the same time. Doesn’t work. Come on, boys and girls. Is Tony Snow a shill and a yes-man, or is he a critic? Actually, Tony Snow is a good man. He’ll do a fine job.
Yes, Tony Snow has frequently reproved Bush–from the right. Anyone who thinks that such “attacks” amount to serious criticism, or that Bush was even slightly hurt by them, is missing major pieces of his frontal lobe. Whether such dimwits are “left-wingers” or not makes little difference (although I wonder what you think you mean by “lefties”).
Tony Snow is not “a good man” (I also wonder what you mean by that), but a rabid far-right propagandist–perfectly appropriate for “Fox News Channel,” which is essentially a pro-Bush propaganda operation. (That’s why his “criticism” has been harmless.) But for that very reason, Snow WILL no doubt “do a fine job,” which is precisely the problem here.
No Comments to “Mark responds”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.