The New Press Invites You To:
Conned: Felon Disenfranchisement and American Democracy
A Public Forum with Marc Mauer, Sasha Abramsky, Monifa Bandele and Juan Cartagena,
Moderated by Ellis Cose
Join The New Press for a public forum addressing the effects of mass imprisonment on voting rights and democracy, along with the national campaigns being waged to challenge felony disenfranchisement policies in the courts, legislatures, and communities. This event celebrates the new edition and re-release of RACE TO INCARCERATE and the new release of CONNED: How Millions Went to Prison, Lost the Vote,and Helped Send George W. Bush to the White House.
The Sentencing Project’s Executive Director / Author of RACE TO INCARCERATE
Demos Senior Fellow / Author of CONNED
The Right to Vote Campaign
Community Service Society
Moderated by Ellis Cose, Newsweek Columnist and Author of The Rage of a Privileged Class
Friday, April 28, 2006 7:00 p.m.
The New School: Wollman Hall
65 West 11th Street, 5th floor
Reservations can be taken by phone at (212) 229-5488 or via email at boxoffice[at]newschool.edu
The Box Office is open for in-person purchases at
66 West 12th St, main floor,
Mon.-Thurs. 1-8 p.m., Fri. 1-7 p.m.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.