Support Resolution 131 for paper ballots/optical scanners
Oppose electronic voting in NYC!
WHAT: Hearing on Voting Machines and NYC Compliance with the federal Help America Vote Act
WHEN: Monday, April 3, 2006, 1:00 PM
WHO: YOU! We need audience to support our speakers! The City Hall balcony is big — let’s fill it.
WHERE: Council Chambers
New York, NY
N or R to City Hall
4, 5 or 6 to Brooklyn Bridge
J, M, or Z to Chambers Street
2 or 3 to Park Place
WHY: 3/11/06: The US Dept of Justice is pushing
New York State to buy 10,000 machines NOW
to provide accessibility to voters with disability.
–state law that requires a voter-verifiable paper trail
–federal and state certification of these machines that
2. have never been used
3. are not even prototypes yet!
The Committee on Governmental Operations of the NY City Council is giving us this opportunity to support Resolution 131 which urges the adoption of paper ballots and precinct-based optical scanners and accessible ballot-marking machines for voters with disabilities and minority languages. This resolution is against electronic voting!
Do you want to speak as part of our coordinated panel?
Please send an email to Teresa Hommel
Have you sent letters supporting Resolution 131 ?
Would you like us to send letters for you?
please send your name, address, and phone to
Gov Ops Chairman:
Gov Ops Members:
Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr.
Inez E. Dickens
Erik Martin Dilan
Domenic M. Recchia, Jr.
Larry B. Seabrook
Peter F. Vallone, Jr.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.