Edgy & Enlightened Literature, Art & Music in the Age of Dementia
Poetry, Prose & Anything Goes Reading Series
Curated by Publisher/Editor Carol Novack
Friday, April 7th, 7 – 9 pm,
KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street, N.Y.C.
Paul Beckman, contributor of three darkly witty flash fictions in Mad Hatters’ Review, Issue 3, received an MFA from Bennington in 1999. Paul lives just over the border in Connecticut. He’s the father of poet Joshua Beckman. Paul has writings in The Connecticut Review, Other Voices, Playboy, Northeast Magazine, 5 Trope, Exquisite Corpse, Del Sol Review, and many other journals. His stories have been published in Germany, New Zealand & Ireland. Paul’s also a four time nominee for a Pushcart Prize.
Amy King, a future Mad Hatter contributor, is the author of the poetry collection, Antidotes for an Alibi (Blazevox Books), a Lambda Book Award finalist, and the chapbook, The People Instruments (Pavement Saw Press Chapbook Award 2002). She currently teaches Creative Writing and English at Nassau Community College and a workshop of her own design, “Making the Urban Poetic,” at Poets’ House in Manhattan. Amy King’s poems have appeared in The Brooklyn Rail, TheMississippi Review, Tarpaulin Sky, Milk Magazine, and No Tell Motel, among others. She is the managing editor for the journal MiPOesias. Please visit www.amyking.org for more.
Mark Crispin Miller is a professor of media studies at NYU, where he directs the Project on Media Ownership. A well-known media watchdog and frequent contributor to The Nation, he’s the author of Boxed in: The Culture of TV, The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder, and, Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney’s New World Order . Most recently, Miller wrote Fooled Again, a call to election reform, in which he argues that it wasn’t moral values that swung the last election — it was theft. Miller wrote and performed in “A Patriot Act,” a chilling indictment of the movement to subvert the US Constitution and replace American democracy with religious values. Mad Hatters’ Review will be publishing a review of Fooled Again in our fifth issue. See www.markcrispinmiller.blogspot.com. Copies for signing and sale will be on hand.
Live Music to be performed by MHR musician/composer Ben Tyree .
A limited edition of signed “Homeland Security” posters created by contributing artist & writer
Marty Duane Ison will be on sale.
For further info, email: email@example.com
(type READINGS in the subject line )
Edgy & enlightened writers interested in being featured in the series should show up on April 7th bearing a couple of writing samples
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.