Greetings,AT&T and BellSouth, two of the largest telecom companies, just announced plans to merge into a media monopoly. This deal must be stopped.The merger resurrects the Ma Bell monopoly that was busted up in 1984. But it’s far worse today. These companies no longer just control telephone calls. They want to become gatekeepers to all digital media — television, telephone and Internet — at prices that many Americans can’t afford.The merger is now in the hands of the FCC, FTC and Congress. They’ll rubber-stamp the deal unless the public speaks up. It’s time to tell Washington:Giant media companies have failed us on all fronts. They have failed to provide access to all communities. They have stifled and squelched competition, eliminating choices in the marketplace. They have failed to bridge the digital divide, leaving America far behind other countries. They have failed to open their networks to local and independent content creators. They have failed to protect net freedoms that keep the Internet an open road for all.We need real competition and a choice of innovative communications services. It’s time to turn back the new tide of media consolidation.Send your letter to Washington — before it’s too late.Onward,
No Comments to “Don't let AT&T merge with BellSouth!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.