From: Lisa Pease
To: ‘Voting Activists’
Subject: Tell the LA Times about Diebold
Lloyd Dent had an excellent idea – see his note below. If you have time tomorrow, take a minute to draft a note to the LA Times. You can talk to them in three ways:
Key points to consider:
The Times is not giving the latest moves regarding our vote adequate coverage.
Diebold has not passed Federal Qualification criteria, yet our Secretary of State gave Diebold what is essentially a green light for CA.
Our County registrar is not responsive to the expressed wishes of the community she allegedly serves.
Then don’t forget to call the SoS’s office on Tuesday per the earlier message. If you need a copy of that again, let me know and I’ll resend to any who ask.
From: LLOYD DENT
To: Lisa Pease
Subject: RE: ACTION ALERT! SoS has certified Diebold
There is something we can do right now! Neither Doris nor I have seen any mention of the certification of Diebold machines in the LA Times (Sat or Sun). We can write letters to the Editor about this. We have been told by another group that you are more likely to get a letter published if the Times get a lot of letters on a subject, thereby showing general interest. I will write a letter, and I recommend that you send a message to your group encouraging as many as possible to also send a letter. The letters should not be a form letter, but rather have different approaches.
More information is available at the Secretary of State’s website: http://www.ss.ca.gov/ under Voting Systems Information. Friday’s Press Release is there, with the Conditions of the conditional certification at the very end of the document.
No Comments to “Tell the LA Times to do its civic duty!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.