“A family member from Irvine, CA (who’s a branch manager at Bank of America) told us two weeks ago that her bank held a workshop where the last two days were dedicated to discussing their bank’s new security measures…
[M]embers from the Homeland Security Office instructed them on how to field calls from customers and what they are to tell them in the event of a national disaster. She said they were told how only agents from Homeland Security (during such an event) would be in charge of opening safe deposit boxes and determining what items would be given to bank customers. At this point they were told that no weapons, cash, gold, or silver will be allowed to leave the bank — only various paperwork will be given to its owners. After discussing the matter with them at length, she and the other employees were then told not to discuss the subject with anyone.
“The family member has since given her notice to quit the bank. I found the news alarming and decided to find out more myself. On a trip to my bank here in Houston, I remarked to a young bank employee (who’s new there), ‘Well I guess you’ve been told all that stuff by the manager and the Homeland Security about what to tell your customers’ – and to my amazement, the young woman came right out and said yes she’d been through all that, then whispered to me across the counter, ‘but we’re not supposed to talk about it – I could lose my job.’” Lesson to learn: don’t depend on getting access to a safety deposit box. If you must use one, only keep documents in it — no valuables. Obviously the feds plan on confiscating gold again.
No Comments to “DHS to take control of safe deposit boxes”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.