NO, YES, NO: Alaska Now Refuses Release of 2004 Election Data Citing Security Concerns!
State’s Top Security Officer Refuses Public Record Release of Diebold GEMS Database Files
The Latest Chapter in the Rollercoaster Battle to Audit Puzzling 2004 Poll Numbers Continues…
A bizarre story concerning Alaska’s 2004 Election has taken yet another even more bizarre turn this week, The BRAD BLOG has learned.
A long-standing public records request for the release of Election 2004 database files created by Diebold’s voting system had been long delayed after several odd twists and turns, including the revelation of a contract with the state claiming the information to be a “company secret.”
But while it finally appeared as though the state had agreed to release the information (after reserving the right to “manipulate the data” in consultation with Diebold before releasing it), the state’s top Security Official has now — at the last minute — stepped in to deny the request. The grounds for the denial: the release of the information poses a “security risk” to the state of Alaska.
We couldn’t make this stuff up…
Full Story, including the Letters from Election & Security Officials and Much More:
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.