Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
Texas lawyer ‘alert and doing fine’ in Corpus Christi hospital
Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 3:54 p.m. EST (20:54 GMT)
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.
Harry Whittington, 78, was “alert and doing fine” after Cheney sprayed Whittington with shotgun pellets on Saturday at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.
BREAKING: Cheney Accidentally Shoots Man While Hunting
UPDATE: Incident Occurred Saturday, Not Released Until Moments Ago…
FURTHER UPDATES: Ranch Owner Hired Cheney at Halliburton, Also Tied to Covert FISA Board Under Reagan…
BRAD BLOG UPDATES: Several sources (Fox, CNN, Reuters) confirming incident, but reporting it took place yesterday (Saturday) at 5:30pm Texas time. Why was the story withheld from the media until now? Almost 24 hours later? The man is reported to be in stable condition, apparently, at this time. Did they wait until they could report that he would be fine before releasing it at all? Would we have found out about it at all, therefore, if the man had died? Did they wait until after it could be discussed on the Sunday News shows?
Just some of the questions I expect we’ll be hearing shortly.
I much prefer to catch wild fish or chase wild quail in South Texas…and perfectly happy to adjust as required.
And I also care a lot about gun laws. I worry sometimes that there is a growing antihunting sentiment that I run into with people…people who have no idea what it’s all about…have never done it and don’t like the idea of somebody else doing it.
“We go out when the dew is still on the grass, and then hunt until we shoot our limit,” Tobin said in 2000 of his ranch outings with Dick Cheney. “Then we pick a fine spot and have a wild game picnic lunch.” True conservatives might choke on their javelina steaks if they knew that Tobin Armstrong dunned the government for $11,336 in farm subsidies between 1995 and 2002, according to the Environmental Working Group. Anne Armstrong served as: a close advisor to President Nixon; President Ford’s British Ambassador; and approved covert actions on the President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board under Reagan. A veteran of blue-chip corporate boards, Anne Armstrong was a Halliburton director when that corporation hired Cheney. She is Kay Bailey Hutchison’s best friend…
No Comments to “Cheney bags a lawyer”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.