I’ve been selling and shipping stickers and books on the web for a couple years. I use US Mail exclusively because I live near a post office and it’s cheaper than UPS, so it saves the customer money. I’ve been pretty happy with their service and NEVER has a package been lost or severely damaged (often it takes longer than it should but that’s another story). Until now.
Seemingly by coincidence, or not, in the span of two days, I had one package mysteriously disappear and another one destroyed beyond reason.
The package that was lost was significant. It was 25 copies of the Election Truth CD-ROM, which was being mailed to a radio reporter, so it would have delievered the truth to a lot of people.
Then, amazingly, on the same day, it was determined that another package was lost. This was a copy of Fooled Again, Mark Crispin Miller’s new (great) book on the same subject. I was about to ship another copy to the customer, when she contacted me to let me know it finally arrived (3 weeks after I shipped it). What was incredible, was the condition of the package. Now I have shipped and received hundreds if not thousands of packages in my life, and I have never seen anything like this. The customer said she took a look at it and couldn’t help but laugh. It wasn’t like the package was dropped and there is a little dent in the book. It actually looks like the book was ripped in half. and the customer commented that it appeared that the book may have been completely submerged in water at some point as well.
I think pictures are better than words at this point:
Big Hi-res photos here:
The customer commented that she has had packages damaged before, like most of us have, but there is usually an apology note attached. This time, just the book, which was basically torn to pieces, literally. And she did say she’s never seen anything damaged this badly. And keep in mind, this is a hardcover book and it was well packaged in bubble wrap.
The paranoid side of me is thinking, with all this domestic spying going on, and reports of people’s mail being opened, maybe it’s not a coincidence that my first two lost/damaged packages happened at the same time. And it doesn’t seem tht any form of normal accident or neglect could cause this type of damage to the book. The customer even commented, it seemed like somone had to do this on purpose. Does someone at the post office not like what the Solar Bus is doing?
The other side keeps saying, it’s just a coincidence. Go back to sleep.
But I’ll tell you one thing. If something like this happens in the near future, which would be the 3rd incident, I’m going to really wonder what is going on.
gary (the solar bus guy)
No Comments to “you won't believe these photos”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.