Secretary of state’s project teaches electronic voting
El Paso Times
Friday, January 20, 2006
Texas Secretary of State Roger Williams was in El Paso on Thursday during his kickoff tour of a statewide, yearlong campaign to educate Texans on the use of electronic voting machines.
Except for those voting by mail, all El Paso County voters will cast ballots electronically this year, as they have done since the county converted from paper voting after the 2002 elections.
Other counties are making the change more slowly, and the VOTEXAS campaign aims to ease apprehensions. The campaign will run radio and television announcements and will post information at www.votexas.org.
The campaign will also take voting machines and educational materials to 40 cities through the year.
“We are giving all Texans the opportunity to see, touch and become comfortable with electronic voting before Election Day,” Williams said. “We want 100 percent of Texans to vote.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.