The phones will be ringing off the hooks. Keep on trying. Try local numbers if you cannot get through to DC
At 4:30 PM on Monday, Jan 30, the Senate will vote on how to proceed – the cloture vote. We need 41 votes for a filibuster instead of an up or down vote on Alito.
Here are the senators confirmed (as of this writing) to support filibuster. Don’t bother to call them right now Kerry,Kennedy,Boxer,Clinton, Feinstein, Reid, Dodd, Feingold, Durbin, Obama, Stabenow, Schumer, Wyden, Sarbanes
There are rumors that there are many more. Stay tuned.
– These are the Democratic Senators Senator Ted Kennedy said (via http://www.dailykos.com/) needed to be contacted:
Pryor, Lincoln, Cantwell, Murray, Baucus, Harkin, Levin, Bayh, Lautenberg, Menendex, Lieberman.
– Also he asked to keep the pressure on Republican senators: Snowe, Collins, Chafee and Stevens.
You can email through web site. Calls and faxes better
Here are some free numbers for Senators: 1-866-340-9281 and 1-866-340-9279 and 1-888-355-3588 Ask for the senator of your choice
Direct lines to DC and local offices:Call local if you can’t get through to DC
Sen. Mark Pryor (202) 224-2353, (501) 324-6336, FAX (501) 324-5320 http://pryor.senate.gov/contact/
Sen. Blanche Lincoln (202) 224-4843, (870) 382-1023, (870) 910-6896, (479) 251-1224, (870) 774-3106, (501) 375-2993 FAX (202) 228-1371 http://lincoln.senate.gov/webform.html
Sen. Maria Cantwell (202) 224-3441, (206) 220-6400, (360) 696-7838, (253) 572-2281, (509) 353-2507, (509) 946-8106, (425) 303-0114, FAX (202) 228-0514
Sen. Patty Murray (202) 224-2621, (425) 259-6515, (360) 696-7797, (509) 453-7462, (206) 553-5545, (509) 624-9515, (253) 572-3636, (425) 462-4460, FAX (202) 224-0238 http://murray.senate.gov/email/index.cfm
Sen. Max Baucus (202) 224-2651, (406) 756-1150, (406) 586-6104, (406) 449-5480, (406) 329-3123, (406) 761-1574, (406) 782-8700, FAX (202) 224-0515 http://baucus.senate.gov/contact/emailForm.cfm?subj=issue
Sen. Tom Harkin (202) 224-3254, (515) 284-4574, (563) 322-1338, (319) 365-4504, (563) 582-2130, (712) 252-1550, FAX (202) 224-9369
Sen. Carl Levin (202) 224-6221, (586) 573-9145, (989) 754-2494, (231) 947-9569, (906) 789-0052, FAX (202) 224-1388 http://levin.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm
Sen. Evan Bayh (202) 224-5623, (317) 554-0750, (812) 465-6500, (260) 426-3151, (219) 852-2763), (812) 218-2317, (574) 236-8302 http://bayh.senate.gov/LegForm.htm
Sen. Frank Lautenberg (202) 224-3224, (973) 639-8723, (856) 338-8922, FAX (202) 228-4054 http://lautenberg.senate.gov
Sen. Robert Menendez (202) 224-4744 (no other info available)
Sen. Joe Lieberman (202) 224-4041, (860) 549-8463, FAX (202) 224-9750 http://lieberman.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm?regarding=issue
Sen. Olympia Snowe (202) 224-5344, FAX (202) 224-1946 http://snowe.senate.gov/Webform.htm
Sen. Susan Collins (202) 224-2523, (207) 493-7873, (207) 945-0417, (207) 622-8414, (207) 784-6969, (207) 283-1101, (207) 780-3575, FAX (202) 224-2693 http://collins.senate.gov
Sen. Lincoln Chafee (202) 224-2921, (401) 453-5294, (401) 845-0700 http://chafee.senate.gov/webform_original.htm
Sen. Ted Stevens (202) 224-3004, FAX(202) 224-2354
Request from Sheila
– Biden has said he will first vote for the filibuster and then no. So we must contact him too. Tell him he will never be president unless he firmly supports the filibuster,never mind the flip flopping.
Phones: 202-224-5042; 302-573-6345;302-424-8090
Faxes: 202-224-0139; 302-573-6351; 302-424-8098
Request from Bob Fertik
– Contact the the DNC. phone: 202-863-8000. Fax: 2-863-8063. No money ever again unless there is a filibuster. (Sheila: Someplace this weekend I read Dean was for the filibuster.)
Here are two excellent links for phones (local and DC) and faxes for other senators if you have time
By senator http://democrats.com/alito-48 Also lists what each Senator is doing re the filibuster. So if you want to call more than the above, go for it
By state (including staff names and numbers too)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.