The heroic Paul Lehto, who has been fighting to get touch-screen voting machines OUT of Washington state, has some great news:
Unless a minor county snuck in with DREs that I didn’t hear about, Washington state is now completely free of DREs (and BLUE!)!!! The county I sued shifted the balance of power to Democrats on the county council and the Dems just canned the Sequoia DREs effective September 2005 in favor of an Oregon vote by mail type system (or vote by dropoff at a regional drop off facility).
If you’re interested in verifying that angle that there are no longer any DREs in use in POLLING PLACES as opposed to for legitimately disabled voters, email@example.com would know for sure.
Here’s the DU post as well as a link there to the local press.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.