We are doing Amazonian work. We are succeeding. I am expecting more miracles.
Thanks to us the mailboxes of the senators’ phone lines are filled. We don’t need to call them this weekend (YAY, a little rest time). We need to start calling them again on Monday.
I don’t know whether their fax machines are filled or not and I don’t have a fax. If someone could test the waters on that and get back to Mark, that would be very good.
The DNC phone is also filled. We need to call them also, but on Monday: 202-863-8000. Their fax number is 202-863-8063. No money ever again unless there is a filibuster
I did get through this morning (Saturday, 1/29) to the DSCC (Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee) phone – 202-224-2447. Their fax is 202-969-0354.Their email is info[at]dscc.org. No money ever again unless there is a filibuster.
I am ambivalent about making a list of which senators to concentrate on, because what if we pick the wrong senators. And I like the idea of people following their own hearts, minds, intuition about who to call. On the other hand, people have information sometimes about who to focus on and what is happening right then that we all need to hear.That being said, my own short list so far are Biden, – (tell him he will never be president if he does not filibuster;not clear yet whether he is undecided about filibuster or is against) and Inouye (only democratic in gang of 14 to vote against Roberts and will vote against Alito)
I am wondering if we can get it together by Sunday at say about 5PM to have vigils/standouts all over the country demanding a filibuster and am talking with others about this.
I know there are many reasons why Alito does not belong on the Supreme Court, but a very visible symbol would be for each one of us to carry a hanger – the symbol of women dying in back alley abortions, often done with coat hangers, when abortions were illegal.
Sheila, proudly here in Boston
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.