Emergency Action Needed!!!!
NOW is working very hard to be a voice for women’s rights with our Senate leadership and keep the Supreme Court from becoming ultra-conservative. NOW members and activists from around the country have been at NOW headquarters in D.C. working 24/7.
The newspapers say there hasn’t been enough “opposition.” What happens on the Supreme Court is a reflection of either a completely weakened Democratic Party or the will of the American people. It is not looking good for those of us who hold dear the long-fought legal advancements made in women’s, civil and worker’s rights — but there is one last thing you all can do. Get on your phones immediately and call Seantors Schumer and Clinton and tell them to request a “one week delay” of the Judiciary Committee vote. They must be granted this request. It is mandatory that they are granted the delay, just for the asking. Also, tell them that they must not let the democratic leadership allow for a “time certain” vote on the floor.
This is our last chance for a Filibuster. If we can’t get a Filibuster, we will be stuck with Alito on the Supreme Court. The one week delay will give us time to get a Filibuster, but without it, essentially a NO vote is not good enough. Please do this immediately, even though it is the weekend, leave a message on their phone. If their phone are shut off, fax them or email them. Don’t delay. this needs to be done immediately!
Dear Senator Schumer:
Having closely followed the hearings for Samuel Alito’s confirmation, I am writing to ask you to do everything you can to stop his confirmation. I believe his unquestioning support of executive power amounts to extraordinary circumstance. Please request a “one week delay” of the Judiciary Committee vote on Samuel Alito’s nomination; and please do not agree to a “time certain” vote on the floor. In the longer term, please work for a filibuster of Judge Alito’s nomination, and should that fail, please vote “no” on his nomination. Thank you in advance for upholding the Constitution.
Senator Charles Schumer
757 3rd Ave. #1702
NY, NY 10017
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton
780 3rd Ave. #2601
NY, NY 10017
NOW-NYC Demonstration at the New York City Democratic National Committee
Take an hour to take a stand!
Letâ€™s send a message to the DNC â€“ Donâ€™t Sell Us Out!
Wednesday, January 18th
12pm, 60 Madison Ave. (between 27th & 28th St.)
We Need You!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.