CALL SENATOR LANDRIEU – ONE OF THE CRUCIAL 8! Here’s one of the CRUCIAL EIGHT.
I’m asking Texans, especially, but really anyone, to FOCUS ON MARY LANDRIEU to defeat Alito.
Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) is speaking publicly against a filibuster of the Alito nomination for Supreme Court.
She says there is more important business the Senate needs to get on with. !!!!!
Ted Kennedy said yesterday during Alito Senate debate: “The stakes could not be higher. This is the vote of a generation.”
Rainbow Push writes re Alito: “50 years of civil, human and women’s rights advances are at stake – from Brown v. Board of Education, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. “
If confirmed, Alito at age 55 could serve out his life expectancy on the court — 28 years — in other words, the next SEVEN CONSECUTIVE PRESIDENTIAL TERMS.
Vote is in the next few days.
Landrieu is one of eight Democratic Senators needed to stop Alito.
PLEASE CALL OR FAX HER OFFICES.
PLEASE — EVERYONE CONTACT HER. IF YOU KNOW LOUISIANA RESIDENTS, INCLUDING EVACUEES LIVING ELSEWHERE — SPREAD THIS TO THEM TOO. HELP THE NATION!!!
Senator Mary Landrieu (D)
Phone: (202) 224-5824
Fax: (202) 224-9735
You can just say YOU MUST FILIBUSTER. Or, if you want to try to be persuasive, ask to speak to Kevin Avery at (202) 224-5824. He is her DC staff person who is in charge of judiciary issues.
No Comments to “Mary Landrieu DOESN'T GET IT!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.