GREAT NEWS FOR PENNSYLVANIANS
The Coalition for Voting Integrity is pleased to announce good news for the citizens of Pennsylvania: Along with all Pa. counties,the Bucks County Commissioners now have a Voter-Verifiable Paper Ballot (VVPB) machine to choose from. On January 6, the State of Pennsylvania officially certified its first electronic machine with paper ballot capabilities: the precinct-based optical scanner.
CVI has stressed the monumental importance of having a voting process that allows our vote to be accurately counted, recorded securely, and have the ability to be recounted or audited. The precinct-based optical scanner, in our judgment, meets these criteria. It is also very easy to understand and use: as with standardized tests, the voter blackens in a circle and the vote is counted in the scanner at the precinct. No wireless or telephone transmission of the vote to a central processing center is needed. The actual ballot itself is retained for recounts or audits. The optical scanners are also economical, both to buy and maintain. They are a reliable, mature technology used successfully in US elections for many years.
However optical scanners along with other electronic voting machines have problems as explained by our Federal non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) which recently confirmed that “significant concerns about the security and reliability of electronic voting systems” have been raised. Nearly every aspect of any electronic machine including touchscreens and optical scanners , is prone to major problems.
Thus. the Coalition for Voting Integrity supports voter verified paper ballots and voting machines to support them. We must be able to prove out vote CVI is not alone in supporting VVPB’s. Our own State Senator Conti has introduced the SB977 requiring a voter-verifiable paper ballot, Congressman Fitzpatrick supports the similar HR550, a number of Bucks municipalities are signing resolutions in support, and seven of our former commissioners recently announced their strong support. Now voters should expect that the current County Commissioners throughout Pa. choose a machine with VVPB capabilities, now that the option is at last available.
We ask everyone in every County throughout Pa. call your County Commissioners and demand that your electronic voting machine have this crucial voter verified paper ballot . The vote belongs to us. We want proof that our vote has been counted!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.