Senator John Kerry has called for a filibuster of the Alito nomination, heeding your calls to do everything possible to defeat it. He has asked that activists now help convince his colleagues to join him.
Please contact key senators who can provide critical support to the filibuster effort! Click here for free, one-step faxing to 12 key senators -> EVAN BAYH, Obama, Dodd, Lieberman, Biden, Bill Nelson, Durbin, Snowe, Reid, Schumer, Clinton, Chafee, Feingold.
Free, One-Step Online Fax to 12 Key Senators!!
Then forward this email to anyone you know who is worried that Alito would likely condone the abuse of power by the president, vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, and help curtail Congress’ ability to protect the civil rights, health, safety, and welfare of the American people.
We need to act now to prevent Senate Republican leaders from ramming this nomination through the Senate — time is of the essence.
The filibuster vote is scheduled for Monday. Send your free fax, sign Kerry’s petition (make calls?) anytime between now and then. Sooner is better.
Free, One-Step Online Fax to 12 Key Senators!!
AND sign Senator John Kerry’s Open Letter to All Senators:
Toll-free numbers for Congressional Switchboard:
1-877-851-6437 or 1-888-355-3588
1-888-818-6641 or 1-800-426-8073
Direct Phone Numbers:
Bayh, Evan (Democrat – IN) Phone: (202) 224-5623
Obama, Barack (Democrat – IL) Phone: (202) 224-2854
Dodd, Christopher (Democrat – CT) Phone: (202) 224-2823
Lieberman, Joseph (Democrat – CT) Phone: (202) 224-4041
Biden, Joseph (Democrat – DE) Phone: 202-224-5042
Nelson, Bill (Democrat – FL) Phone: 202-224-5274
Durbin, Richard (Democrat – IL) Phone: (202) 224-2152
Snowe, Olympia (Republican – ME) Phone: (202) 224-1946
Reid, Harry (Democrat – NV) Phone: 202-224-3542
Schumer, Charles (Democrat – NY) Phone: 202-224-6542
Clinton, Hillary (Democrat – NY) Phone: (202) 224-4451
Chafee, Lincoln (Republican – RI) Phone: (202) 224-2921
Feingold, Russell (Democrat – WI) Phone: (202) 224-5323
Want to Earn Extra-Credit? Email or Call Red State Dems who are currently being targeted by ads created by the folks who brought us the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
Sen. Blanche Lincoln (AR) 202-224-4843
Sen. Mark Pryor (AR) 202-224-2353
Sen. Joseph Lieberman (CT) 202-224-4041
Sen. Mary Landrieu (LA) 202-224-5824
Sen. Byron Dorgan (ND) 202-224-2551
Sen. Kent Conrad (ND) 202-224-2043
Sen. Tim Johnson (SD) 202-224-5842
Sen. Robert Byrd (WV) 202-224-3954
Sen. Ken Salazar (CO) 202-224-5852
Sen. Susan Collins (ME) 202-224-2523
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.