Columnist Mentions Election Book Ignored By Most Newspapers
By Dave Astor
Published: January 23, 2006 2:28 PM ET
NEW YORK Mark Crispin Miller says most general-circulation newspapers haven’t reviewed his “Fooled Again” book, which alleges that the 2004 election was stolen. But Creators Syndicate columnist Paul Craig Roberts gave the three-month-old book a positive mention in a piece dated last Thursday.
“Miller describes considerably more election fraud than voting machines programmed to count a proportion of Kerry votes as Bush votes,” wrote Roberts, a former assistant secretary of the U.S. Treasury under President Reagan. “Miller reports incidences of intimidation of, and reduced voting opportunities for, poorer voters who tend to vote Democrat.”
Roberts added: “Some of Miller’s evidence is circumstantial. However, he documents widespread Republican dirty tricks and foul play. The media’s indifference to a stolen election burns Miller as much as the stolen election itself.”
The columnist — a former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal and a former contributing editor of the National Review — also discussed rumors that voting machines were hacked. “The pre-election statement by Diebold’s CEO that he would work to deliver the election to Bush was apparently no idle boast,” said Roberts. “In five states where the new ‘foolproof’ electronic voting machines were used, the vote tallies differed substantially from the exit polls. Such a disparity is unusual. The chances of exit polls in five states being wrong are no more than one in one million.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.