Top Stories from AlterNet for January 27, 2006
ELECTION THEFT EMERGENCY
Terrence McNally, AlterNet
Mark Crispin Miller talks about how the right stole the 2004
presidential election — and how they’ll do it again unless
we stop them.
PART II: CHANGING THE COUNTRY, ONE BOOK AT A TIME
Don Hazen, AlterNet
The second of our two-part roundtable discussion tackles the
difficulties of getting progressive books reviewed during
BURSTING HOLLYWOOD’S ‘BUBBLE’
Monica Mehta, AlterNet
Steven Soderbergh’s new flick has been called ‘too indie.’
But what’s really radical is its distribution strategy.
DOING DIRTY WORK ABROAD
Noah Leavitt, AlterNet
Europe is investigating the CIA’s clandestine torture
centers while the U.S. Congress looks the other way.
RICHARD POMBO FACES GREEN AVALANCHE
Jan Frel, AlterNet
Environmental groups nationwide are pooling their funds for
a campaign to unseat one of the worst environmental
offenders in Congress.
Mubarak Dahir, AlterNet
It takes a last-ditch plea by a dying woman to get the
freeholders of Ocean County to do the right thing.
REDEMPTION AND WEIRDNESS ON THE FARM
Matthew Wheeland, AlterNet
The new documentary ‘The Real Dirt on Farmer John’ offers a
deeply eccentric look at the past and future of the family
*** Freshly Mixed! ***
Laura Barcella on Kanye West’s Jesus scandal
Joshua Holland: Will Kerry lead a filibuster?
Maria Luisa Tucker: for once, evangelicals have nothin’ to say
*** New in the Echo Chamber: ***
Evan Derkacz: Filibuster or bust
No Comments to “AlterNet comes through…”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.