It takes a lot of dough to steal a national election. This could be how they did it.
From Glenn Z.:
Ladies & Germs,
You probably remember me from my previous panicky “Downing Street Minutes” email blast. I try to keep cattle-calls to a minimum, but I think there’s a piece of breaking news that deserves your attention. Last month’s revelations about Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham and his ugly relationship with corrupt defense contractors came as no surprise to those of us who have been awake during the last five years, but they certainly seem to have caught the public’s imagination at long last. Add in the present and pending “Plamegate” indictments and the indictments of Jack Abramoff and Tom DeLay, and we have an American populace that’s beginning to wake up to the thread of corruption that weaves through the entire Republican political system.
Well, I think it’s about to get even worse for our friends on the Right side of the aisle. Interpid blogger Joseph Cannon has been doing the work that the Congress and the media refuse to do and he has stumbled upon something that, in my mind, may prove to be even bigger and more embarrassing than the Abramoff-funded network. Cannon took a deeper look at the network that fed and clothed Duke Cunningham and discovered that the corruption extends waaaaaaaaay beyond Cunningham. In fact, it appears that a large defense contractor may not even be a defense contractor, but rather a clearing-house for defense dollars received in good faith from defense appropriations bills and distributed to (gasp) GOP politicians. That’s right: the contractor was a shell company that received YOUR and MY tax dollars for defense goods and services and merely disbursed the money as political contributions to Henry Bonilla, Roy Brown, Rick Clayburgh, Duke Cunningham, John T. Doolittle, Maria Guadalupe Garcia, George W. Gekas, Lindsay Graham, Duncan Hunter, Darrell Issa, Samuel Johnson, Thaddeus G. McCotter, Constance Morella, Devin Nune, Steve Pearce, Bill Van de Weghe Jr., Jerry Weller, President Bush, Katherine Harris, Tom Delay, Virgil Goode Jr. and Elizabeth Dole to name just a few. Do you notice anything in common with these names? They’re all Republicans. And believe it or not, no Democrats appear to be involved. So please resist the temptation to brush this away as another case of “they’re all corrupt.” This is a new breed of corruption, unlike anything we’ve seen in our lifetimes.
Just so you can be in on the ground-floor of a developing scandal, here it is.
or, for those of you whose mail-programs break URLs, http://tinyurl.com/dpg2t
Read it and vomit. Let’s hope this starts a fire. Don’t let the fact that this is coming from a blog dissuade you; that’s how most real news starts nowadays. I suspect we’ll be hearing more about this elsewhere soon. Tell all your friends!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.