NEW VOTING MACHINE REGULATIONS PUBLISHED- HEARINGS SCHEDULED
ALBANY, NY-(11/30/05)- Today, draft voting machine regulations reflecting changes in State law to comply with the Help America Vote Act(HAVA), have been posted on the Board’s web site(www.elections.state.ny.us) and will be published in the State Register for a period of forty-five days commencing on December 7, 2005. These regulations were written to make sure that the changes in Election Law mandated by HAVA are implemented properly to ensure that new voting machines certified for sale in New York meet Federal and State standards for security, reliability and accessibility. Copies of the draft regulations may also be obtained by calling the Board at 518-474-1953 or by contacting any county board of elections.
Interested citizens are encouraged to comment on the draft regulations by sending their concerns or recommendations to the Board by mail to the address below or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board will also hold public hearings during the month of December in three different locations to accept comments from those who wish to give testimony at a public forum. All comments, however submitted, will be carefully considered before the regulations become final. Public hearings will commence at 10:30 am at the locations listed below.
December 13, 2005 – Rochester. Monroe County Board of Elections, Voting Machine Service Center, 2595 Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road (across from Monroe Community College).
December 16, 2005 – Albany. Legislative Office Building, Hearing Room B, Empire State Plaza.
December 20, 2005 – New York City. 250 Broadway (across from City Hall), Senate Hearing Room, Room 1920, 19th Floor.
Persons wishing to present testimony at any of the above hearings should contact the State Board. Oral testimony will be limited to 10 minutes duration and 10 copies of the prepared testimony should be submitted on the day of the hearing. Those who do not have prepared testimony or who did not contact the Board prior to the hearing date and wish to speak, will be allotted up to 5 minutes to do so at the end of the session.
Each hearing facility meets federal and state accessibility standards for persons with disabilities, but those persons with special needs are encouraged to contact the Board at the above number prior to the hearing date.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.