Commissioners announced just today that there will be a demonstration TOMORROW of the voting machines they are considering. Unless A LOT OF US show up at the courthouse between 8:30A.M. and 2:30 P.M., to demand voter verified paper ballots – the best way to prove that our votes are accurately recorded – we could get stuck with expensive machines that are already being sued over in other parts of our country, and will soon have to be replaced. “PLEASE BRING EVERYBODY YOU CAN to the Bucks County Courthouse. The demo will be in the hall opposite the jury room. There is free parking on Main Street, across the street.
VVPB’s (voter verified paper ballots) are the only way to prove that a computerized voting machine registers exactly what we believe we’re voting for, and, with optical scanners, the least expensive, practical way to verify both original votes and re-counts.
How can we ever have machines that our own government has found to be less than secure? We must have paper proof for every vote. We believe that Bucks County Commissioners are likely to put in expensive touch-screen machines with no way to verify our votes. OUR VOTES – AND OUR MONEY – ARE AT RISK. We urge you, for your sake, for your children’s sakes, and for this country which was founded on the freedom to vote and have our votes count, to come out and show the commissioners how important it is for you to know, without a doubt, that your vote counts.
“As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.” – Justice William O. Douglas
For more information call: Mary Ann Gould 215-357-2937 or Ruth Mathey 267-250-2829
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.