How Can We Restore the Integrity of Our Electoral System?
Let’s Talk About the Bottom Line
What: “A Call for Honest Elections: How Electronic Voting Threatens Democracy and What We Can Do About It”
Where: The Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist, 40 E. 35th Street, New York
When: Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30 p.m.
The most basic step toward building the type of America we want is putting people in office who share our vision. If the way we cast and count votes is broken, nothing else can get fixed.
From lost votes to hackable software, the electoral system is broken. Noted authors and activists are coming to New York to talk about what can be done. Can you join in?
The event is called “A Call for Honest Elections: How Computerized Voting Threatens Democracy and What We Can Do About It”, and it’s on Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30 p.m. The program will feature musical satire, illuminating discussion, and activist networking and action.
This event, which will be a launching pad for effective action, will be held at The Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist, 40 E. 35th Street, New York, NY. Tickets are $15, $10 for seniors/students/fixed or low income. (Your money can have more impact for a $50 or $100 ticket – you’ll receive a signed copy of Mark Crispin Miller’s recent book and you’ll be contributing to the great work of New Yorkers for Verified Voting and TrueMajority’s SpeakEZ.)
The discussion will be led by panelists who are well-known advocates of electoral reform:
Mark Crispin Miller, author of FOOLED AGAIN: How the Right Stole the 2004 Election Why Theyâ€™ll Steal the Next One, Too (Unless We Stop Them)
Rachel Maddow, Host of Air America’s “The Rachel Maddow Show”
Robert Fitrakis, co-author of How the GOP Stole America’s 2004 Election and Is Rigging 2008
Bo Lipari, Executive Director of New Yorkers for Verifiable Voting
We also need dedicated volunteers to help at the event, including seating, admission, tabling, sign-ups, etc. If you can help, please write to SpeakEZ@truemajority.org and include your name, the date and times you are available, and any task preferences.
This is a 501(c)(3) event sponsored by New Yorkers for Verified Voting, TrueMajority’s SpeakEZ, and Business Leaders for Sensible Priorities (BLSP).
Reserve your seat now for this important event! Your participation will help spread the word and create critical mass to make this an issue not to be ignored! Meet like-minded folks and make a difference for all of us.
No Comments to “NY event, 12/14”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.