President Bush Clarifies His Newspaper Reading Habits, Sort Of
By E&P Staff
Published: December 13, 2005 2:05 PM ET
NEW YORK Reports on President Bush’s reading habits in regard to newspapers have ranged from “almost never” to “six or seven a day.” Some have said he does read the paper every day–but only the sports pages. In one of his several chats with the president on Monday, NBC anchor Brian Williams asked him directly about it.
From the transcript:
WILLIAMS: “Once and for all — and I know you’ve had some fun with members of the press on this subject — how much television news do you watch? How much do you read the morning papers, news magazines? How much do you see in an average week?”
BUSH: “I don’t see a lot of the news. Every morning I look at the newspaper. I can’t say I’ve read every single article in the newspaper. But I definitely know what’s in the news. Occasionally, I watch television. I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but it’s occasionally. I’m working at that point, as are you.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.