KU Prof. Treated At Hospital After Beating
Mirecki: Attackers Mentioned Creationism Class
POSTED: 8:40 am CST December 6, 2005
UPDATED: 4:54 pm CST December 6, 2005
LAWRENCE, Kan. — The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department on Tuesday was investigating a case in which a professor whose planned course on creationism and intelligent design was canceled after he derided Christian conservatives said he was the victim of a roadside beating.
University of Kansas religious studies professor Paul Mirecki was treated at a hospital and released Monday.
Tuesday, Mirecki told KMBC by phone that he’s finished talking to reporters. He said, “It’s gotten out of hand with the media. Sorry, gotta go,” and then hung up, KMBC’s Micheal Mahoney reported.
He did tell the Lawrence Journal-World for a story Tuesday that two men who beat him were making references to the class that was to be offered for the first time this spring. Originally called “Special Topics in Religion: Intelligent Design, Creationism and other Religious Mythologies,” the course was canceled last week at Mirecki’s request.
The class was added after the Kansas Board of Education decided to include more criticism of evolution in science standards for elementary and secondary students.
No Comments to “"Christian" goons assault KU professor”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.