Republicans Suffer From Bush: US Map Trending Blue
Fri Nov 18, 2005
The Survey USA 50-state polling is out for November, as noted before, and it’s not good news for Bush in more ways than one. His `base’ of strong support has dwindled to a grand total of two states. He is also losing ground among Republicans, notably in the South. And the number of respondents who are identified as Republican is decreasing. Will Bush ruin his own party? Maps and charts below…
First, the political landscape. Bush is loathed in the Northeast, and highly unpopular in parts of the Midwest and California. Most of what were called the swing states give him a 36-40% rating. His solid support in the Plains and the South is mostly a measly 41-45%. (I guess there’s not too much the matter with Kansas after all.) Only a handful seem to have any sort of sympathy for him whatsoever. This map is so much more satisfying than the ones from last year. And it supports the idea that we shouldn’t abandon certain regions of the country: they are coming to their senses.
No Comments to “Bush's ever-shrinking base”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.