The Myth of The Pro-War, Pro-Bush Military Shattered in New Poll
TIM WHITMIRE News Observer (North Carolina) October 29, 2005
The shocking results from a new poll show that support among the military for President George W. Bush and his catastrophic failure in Iraq is nearly the same as the civilian population. According to the Associated Press, pollster Hunter Bacot said, “We see that those most involved in the Iraq situation, the military, are not so different from the general public after all and share the same concerns about Iraq. Conventional wisdom might suggest that the military would be more supportive of Bush in Iraq, but that simply isn’t the case if you look at the numbers.” Let’s see if the press covers this huge development.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.