Miers possesses qualities important to Bush
WASHINGTON – (KRT) – Perhaps the clearest measure of President Bush’s trust in Harriet Miers is the fact that he hired her to do opposition research when he decided to run for governor of Texas. On him.
Miers, an accomplished corporate lawyer from Dallas with a reputation for discretion and for loyalty to Bush, may know as much about Bush as anyone outside his family.
So his decision to nominate her Monday to the Supreme Court, while a surprise to many in Washington, in fact fits a pattern of the president turning to those he knows best and trusts the most.
But beyond the overlapping circles of the Bush political machine and the Texas legal community, Miers is something of a mystery.
In introducing her during an Oval Office ceremony, Bush said that “she has devoted her life to the rule of law and the cause of justice.”
No Comments to “Miers is Bush's longtime consigliere”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.