From Carolyn Kay:
I can’t tell you how to evaluate the truth of this story, as WorldNetDaily has, in the past, been a willing participant in the right-wing cabal’s takeover of our government. [It’s owned by ultra-rghtist Richard Mellon Scaife.-MCM] We know that Bush got special treatment to get into the Guard, that he got special treatment after he quit showing up for duty, and that the records were sanitized after he became governor. But in the past, the right wing has done its best to discredit those stories. What I don’t know is why WorldNetDaily is now willing to trash Bush, whether this story is true or not. But it’s an interesting development.
Miers panel to hear ‘explosive testimony’?
Gag order lifted for ex-lottery boss claiming Miers kept ‘lid’ on Bush Guard controversy
Posted: October 21, 2005
Released from a gag order, Larry Littwin – the controversial former director of the Texas Lottery under Harriet Miers – is free to appear at the upcoming Supreme Court confirmation hearings to give “potentially explosive” testimony damaging both to President Bush and his nominee, according to WND columnist Jerome Corsi.
As WorldNetDaily has reported, Littwin allegedly was fired by Miers because he wanted to investigate improper political influence-buying by lobbyists for GTECH, the firm contracted to run the lottery.
Corsi believes that Littwin, according to an examination of hundreds of contemporary Texas newspaper accounts, will be able to establish under oath that the GTECH contract was preserved on a no-bid basis by then-chairwoman of the Lottery Commission Miers in order to “keep the lid on” the National Guard controversy involving then-Gov. Bush.
The lobbyists included Ben Barnes, the former Texas lieutenant governor who claims he pulled strings to get Bush into the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War.
Lots more really good stuff at MakeThemAccountable.com.
No Comments to “Miers helped "keep the lid on" Bush's military history”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.