KatrinaAction.org Update from the Katrina Information Network (KIN)
Thanks to the many people who have been writing letters and keeping the pressure on, FEMA has been forced to reassess contracts given out in Katrina’s aftermath. Read about this and more at www.KatrinaAction.org. To take FEMA to task is a real victory but we need to keep to it going. Here’s a few ways:
1) Join Katrina Information Network (KIN) folk and send letters weekly. Here’s a link to the FEMA letter
2) Encourage family and friends to keep the pressure on in Washington and send easy form letters (or compose their own from the site).
3) Broaden the Katrina Information Network reach by sharing it with organizations you belong to, keep posting it to list serves, following up and making it happen.
KIN folk are committed to win Real Relief, A Just Recovery, And Nothing Less! If you have any questions or ideas about the site or KIN, do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for continuing to take action together at www.KatrinaAction.org
On behalf of KIN,
www.KatrinaAction.org :Real Action for Real Relief. A Just Recovery. And Nothing Less!
The Praxis Project
1750 Columbia Road, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (414)412-4518/(202) 234-5921
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.